Friday, March 6, 2009

CONTRIBUTIONS BY KERRY DE GANNES

(POET & MEMBER OF THE POET SOCIETY OF T & T)

THE DISTINCTIVE WOMAN

I am full of passion so unique
With a lovely voice when I speak
I am very sensitive and gentle to touch
I get lots of compliments, from the eyes that watch
I cry very easily sometimes to silly things
Yet I am proud of my achievements, that is why I sing
I put great effort into anything I commit
And will always be above the level to be called a hypocrite

I dress in a manner to show full respect
So I would not be disrespected
I am a model for all the “wanna-be’s”
I strive to be neat and impressive
I am not a loud person except maybe with my friends
Rowdiness is out the picture so that no one I would offend

I am also good at making sacrifices
May be wrong in few instances,
But never made the same mistake twice.
I am very caring mainly to myself also my own
I may treat others a little different;
remember I am still flesh and bones.
I am a mother to my kids and to friends I will provide
Setting a great example of showing love, from deep inside.
Chapters of glory signify me day to day
I am a fighter and I am here to stay.

Copyright © Feb 26, 2008 by Kerry De Gannes